Mediaform is the market leader in the patient wristband area. More than 400 hospitals in the D-A-CH (Germany-Austria-Switzerland) region - and also including university clinics and clinic groups operating throughout the Federal Republic - have decided in favour of an additional safety standard and have successfully introduced Armilla patient wristbands into their organisations.
Mediaform, the only manufacturer up to now, offers an ideally-matched system solution to print and produce patient safety wristbands for adults, children and newborns - also with an integrated RFID chip. These personalised, mechanically lettered patient wristbands can be printed quite simply from the hospital information system (HIS) - either by thermal transfer, thermal direct or laser printer.
From process development and product development to material testing and production, all the processes conform to the fundamental requirements of Directives 93/42/EEC and 2007/47/EC, and the Medical Products Act (MPG). Thus product liability is guaranteed at all times. This makes Mediaform, throughout the Federal Republic, currently the only supplier of patient wristbands that fulfil all of these requirements.
All Armilla patient wristbands satisfy the requirements for printing from a Hospital Information System (HIS), and contain the core data sets of the German Coalition for Patient Safety e.V. (APS).
- First name
- Date of birth
- Case number in plaintext and as a 2-D barcode
- In addition, photos or logos can be transferred directly from the HIS onto the patient wristbands.
Our patient wristbands for adults, children or newborns have the following properties:
- Free from plasticisers (phthalates)
- Recognised as a Class I medical product (by the Federal State Authority for Labour, Health and Social Affairs in Schleswig-Holstein)
- Resistant to water and disinfectants
- Individual size adjustment via special closure systems
They also fulfil the biocompatibility test according to DIN EN ISO 10993-5: 2009-10. All Armilla patient wristbands are tested for "Biological Safety". Our Armilla thermal wristbands are free from Bisphenol A (BPA).
Identity verification by using patient wristbands is sensible and minimises unwanted incidents, not only before surgical operations but also when administering medicines, preparing diagnoses or for therapeutic procedures:
- Bedside scanning, e.g. administering medicines
- Functional diagnostics, e.g. for patient data recording during X-rays, CT, MRI etc.
- POCT (Point of Care Testing) applications, e.g. blood sugar monitoring
- Administering medicines, e.g. UnitDose
- Performance recording, e.g. documentation of medicine administration
- Operating theatre time recording
- Electronic access control and/or restriction
- Process optimisation, e.g. serving meals
- Cost accounting, e.g. patients' library, cafeteria
- Safe custody of patient property, e.g. for electronic locking systems
- Wandering protection for dementia patients
- Automatic patient identification, e.g. transport within clinics