Mix-ups simply excluded
Standardised, end-to-end, unmistakeable medicine identity labelling is indispensable in day-to-day medical work. The risk of medication errors in acute and emergency medicine can be reduced significantly by the use of clear identification labelling on syringes pre-filled with medicines.
These large and small self-adhesive, disinfectant-resistant syringe labels, and PLUS labels for infusion solutions, have a strongly adhering, ISEGA-approved adhesive, can be optionally written on, and adhere securely to plastic, glass or metal surfaces at temperatures from -10°C to +50°C.
As a basic principle, all the syringe labels comply with the ISO Standard 26825:2008 and fulfil the current DIVI/DGAI Recommendation for the Identification Marking of Syringes in Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine and in Anaesthesia.
Our syringe labels rely on the use of two-dimensional data matrix codes that can be read using 2-D scanners. This DIVI Syringe Label Code (DSEC) includes the active ingredient as well as the quantity and unit, and constitutes an additional supervisory authority for the administration of medicines.
For use in ambulances, the Institute for Emergency Medicine (IfN) and the Consortium of Emergency Doctors Working in Northern German (AGNN) – in cooperation with Mediaform – has introduced a specifically-designed identification model for medicines in prefilled syringes.
The background to the joint project is the awareness that the use of labels on a roll has proved impracticable for use in ambulances. Therefore, in 2014, Rettikett labels were created to display all the important medications used in emergency medicine conveniently on a single DIN A5 page, which is easy to handle taking into account the various scenarios of an emergency deployment. The main focus is on medicines that are not administered immediately, but are prepared in advance and administered during the deployment.
Rettikett labels fulfil the requirements for high-quality, secure adhesion. A special ISEGA-certified adhesive is used, which is suitable for indirect adhesion to blood bags or infusion lines, among other things, and adheres firmly to the demanding surface of a small-radius syringe. Moreover, these syringe labels are disinfectant-resistant, and are therefore always reliably readable.
Mit der Verknüpfung von Medikation und IT ebnet der Praxikett Designer den Weg für ganz neue Medikationsprozesse. Als Software für Standard-PCs enthält die Medikationssoftware einen Katalog von mehr als 500 standardisierten kleinen und großen Spritzen-Etiketten gemäß aktueller DIVI/DGAI-Empfehlung. Die Etiketten können entweder direkt in der benötigten Menge und Kombination ausgedruckt oder an individuelle Bedürfnisse angepasst und in der Profilverwaltung zusammengestellt werde.
Due to the integrated scan function, medicine labels can now not only be printed faster, but are also given additional security when allocating labels to the corresponding syringes. This excludes incorrectly labelled syringes. It gives every clinic the ability to store previously defined data and contents, e.g. name, first name, date of birth or case number, which are then always retrieved before medicine labels are printed. This increases safety not only for patients but also for doctors and nursing staff – resulting in a significantly faster workflow in clinics at the same time.
- Printout within seconds after scanning the ampoule
- Notification of out-of-date medicines is received
- Scan of patient information
- Matching barcodes to third-party suppliers
- Syringe identification in digital systems is possible
- The fastest syringe identification labelling system on the market
Simple, easy installation, intuitive operation
- Clinic-wide, uniformly standardised label standard thanks to server-based network installation without any expensive workplace installations
- Available as a single or multi-user licence
- No high follow-on costs, because operating costs are low and maintenance expenses are eliminated
- Intuitive, user-friendly operation with no time-consuming training and with high employee acceptance
- Flexible profile management enables optimum matching to the clinic's individual needs
- Everything from a single supplier – advice, installation and the supply of consumable materials
A part of patient and medicine safety and security
- Increased patient safety by easy integration of patient data and improved medication documentation
- A part of medicine safety, and thus eligible for funding
- Quick and easy, with label printing in accordance with DIVI/DGAI (German Interdisciplinary Association for Intensive and Emergency Medicine / German Society for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine), via a one-click function or by scanning the barcode
- Labels are highly retentive and disinfectant-resistant
The right medicine label every time
- Content-based use of the Pharmacy Product Number (PPN) or other barcodes through the integrated scan function
- Scanning the ampoule ensures that the matching medicine label is always printed
- Printing including a date/timestamp and user identification fulfils the requirements of the Pharmacy Practice Order
- Efficient direct printing of individual labels or in combination, and in the required quantity
- Linkage to the UDI (Unique Device Identification) – via the scan function; always the right label to match the medicine
Developed specifically for the emergency services, provides an online solution to print standardised labels for prefilled medicines - in accordance with the recommendations of the German Interdisciplinary Association for Intensive and Emergency Medicine (DIVI).
By using PraxiKett Designer software, available online, labels can be individually matched, printed out by the user him/herself, and enclosed with ampoule kits. More than 400 emergency services already use this software to print the directly self-print the most important syringe labels for emergency service vehicles, thus making savings of time and money.